Doula In Northampton
“I am a Doula because I truly believe every woman deserves to feel nurtured and truly looked after and fully supported during childbirth. I believe birthing should a precious memory as you recall one of life's most amazing gifts, new life.”
Doula supporting East Midlands
I believe with my unique knowledge & skill set, I am offering a truly rare & special service. Are you looking for that special someone to remain with you throughout your whole birthing experience?
A calm, supportive, constant companion....... A Doula is the answer.
Contact me to book your free 30 minute invitation to find out more information
Gill Blayney M: 07801 367 989
Doula supporting Natural Birth
Having a Doula at your birth can be compared to taking your driving test accompanied by your instructor, or perhaps taking an exam with your teacher & text books by your side. It is more than possible, you may not need to refer to this person, simply because of they are there and you are aware of their calm, reassuring, presence. With this reassurring support available, would you approach this event with confidence, feeling more able to achieve what you set out to achieve
If your answer is “yes”, you might choose to take this a step further and consider having me as your Doula.I can guide you through pregnancy; be with you during your birth, then to take you into your early days of parenthood and beyond.
Doula's Role Explained
I am a knowledgeable, kind and compassionate about natural birthing. I will help you and your partner discuss your birthing options to create a individual birth plan to optimise your chances for getting the birthing experience as close to your wishes as possible. I will arrive during the onset of labour and I will remain with you as a constant, calming influence to ensure your voice is heard during the birth of your precious baby. Whether you are planning to birth at home or hospital, I will be there for you, quietly close by, providing a calm confident, support during your whole birthing experience. Once baby has arrived, I will never outstay my welcome, always mindful of the need for privacy and special bonding times following your babies birth. I will depart and complete a diary of your birth to help you recall your whole birthing experience. I can assist in your early days of feeding & nursing to ensure you are still fully supported. Unlike a midwife, I offer no medical advise. I will ensure your birthing preferences are respected and followed as per your birth preferences, circumstances permitting.
A Doula does not replace a midwife, she works with her, to provide a nurturing, caring & experienced presence. I also provide a free birthing pool as an option extra.
I only book one client every 6 weeks so you can feel reassured it will always be me that attends you birth. My cover commences 2 weeks prior to your expected delivery date and all the way through to actual birthing day of your little one. I am registered HypnoBirthing Practitioner and very experienced in these birthing techniques.
non-hypnobirthing births, indeed births of any kind. This is your birth and I am there to support your individual birthing preferences. I will give you confidence and help you to have belief in your own ability to give birth naturally - I am there for you during your birth to help ensure you baby's birth is calm, controlled & remembered with fondness and celebration.
Benefits of Having A Doula
Research has shown that having a doula present at birth can:
- Shorten first time labour by an average of two hours
- Decrease the chances of a caesarean section by 50%
- Decrease complications
- Decrease the need for pain relief
- Result in less use of forceps
- Decrease the chances of post natal depression
- Help the birth partner to participate with confidence
- Increase success with breastfeeding
(Findings taken from "Mothering the Mother" by Klaus, Kennell & Klaus, 1993) "There is a powerful evidence that having a woman with you who is not part of the hospital institution, and who focuses on giving you one-to-one continuing support, makes birth more satisfying, and safer for mother and baby"
Sheila Kitzinger, The New Experience of Childbirth.
Services can be flexible be often include:
- Antenatal Support to include 6 hours worth of any of the following:
First session may include:
- Preparing you for birth: Diet, Exercises, Lifestyle etc
- Posture & enhancing delivery position of baby
- Physiology of your birthing body
- How your muscles work during birthing
- How to stay relaxed and comfortable during late stages of pregnancy
- Massaging tips
- Any concerns you may be having with regards to birthing or parenting
- General discussions on birthing ideas to date
- How to enhance your overall birthing experience
- Helping Partner to understand about what to expect and how we work together
Second Session may include:
- Preparing your actual birth preferences to give to midwife
- Setting up guide “a plan of action”
- Setting up and using the birthing pool
- Preparing for the actual birth – what you can expect to happen and approximately when
- A list of helpful things partner might like to do to help and support Mum
- Birthing positions you might consider using during birthing
- Things you might require
- What to pack: Bag for baby: Bag for Mum
- Supplies to take or have on hand
- Other environmental things you may like to think about music, lighting, temperature etc
Any other Sessions may include:
- Accompanying you during midwife visits if required
- How to feed and look after your baby after birth
- Discussions about what to expect during the first few months of parenting
Doula Services - through pregnancy, birth & early parenting
At the on-set, depending on distance and location of partner, I may pop over and help settle you down during the early latent stage of birthing. I can stay, or I can return later, it depends or your requirements and distance involved. I will remain with you during your birth as a quiet, calming influence. Whether you are planning to birth at home or hospital, I will be there for you, quietly close by, providing a calm confident, support during your whole birthing experience. Once baby has arrived, I will never outstay my welcome, always mindful of the need for privacy and special bonding times following your babies birth. I will depart and complete a diary of your birth to help you recall your whole birthing experience. I can assist in your early days of feeding & nursing to ensure you are still fully supported
GOLD STAR SERVICE - ALL INCLUSIVE PRICE £600
Each Mother's / Couples are requirement unique; therefore each Gold Star “package” will be tailored & designed to meet specific needs. We can talk through these needs individually.
Doula Services £650
HypnoBirthing Course £240
Birthing pool £100
Free pool liner & other equipment £100
All travelling expenses & other expenses £ 60
If purchased separately this package would cost approx £1,000 – a saving of £400!!!!
All inclusive Doula Services £600
ifchosen as a stand-alone service includes:
2 antenatal meetings (approx 60 – 90 minutes each)
On call between weeks 38 through to 42
Continual Support throughout birth as required (Home or Hospital Births)*
1 postnatal visit following the birth
Continual support and advice as required (via phone/text message/ email)
Free birthing pool & equipment (foetal heart rate monitor, homeopathy remedies etc)
All travelling expenses – time. Petrol etc (within 25 mile radius of NN6 9BB)
Together with all other Doula expenses eg car parking, refreshments etc)
Each Mother's requirement is different; therefore each Doula “package” will be tailored to suit the needs of the mother. We can talk through these needs individually.
* Please note a doula is not there to replace a midwife but to compliment her and provide continuity for the pregnant mother and father through emotional and practical support.
Birth Preparation Package £80 ( 2 sessions prior to birth)
Breast Feeding Package £80 ( 1 session prior to birth, 1 session following birth)
Contact me now for your free consultation
Gill Blayney PDC.Hyp D.Hyp BSCH
Clinical Hypnotherapist Practitioner
Tel :07801 367 989
Prices can tailored to meet individual requirements, please contact me if you require a birthing service which has not been mentioned.
For your free 30 minute consultation and to find out more information Contact me now 07801 367 989